Latest LFC News - TalkTheReds Liverpool FC Fans Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Talk The Reds. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Basically we're like most other Liverpool Forums, we have some general banter and some discussion about Liverpool FC, which is after all the reason we all came to this forum in the first place.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Could Sturridge Be Headed To Italy?
Topic Started: Jan 10 2018, 09:32 PM (237 Views)
Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

...saw this over at NBC Sports and it caught my eye; here's the relevant portion...

Posted Image
Quote:

(NBC Sports) After five years at Liverpool, Daniel Sturridge appears ready for a change of scenery.

According to multiple reports, Sturridge has offered himself (surely through his agents) to clubs on loan, including Inter Milan. Due to injuries and having to play behind Roberto Firmino, Sturridge has played just nine Premier League games this season and he’s made five appearances in the UEFA Champions League, all off the bench.

Injuries and a lack of form have derailed Sturridge for most of his career. On his day, the speedy England international is a forward that causes fear in the eyes of opposing defenders. But the multitude of injuries and struggles in front of goal have led to Sturridge taking a backseat under manager Jurgen Klopp, as well as watching his England career fade away.

With the World Cup six months away, Sturridge needs to find playing time and prove he’s fit in order to book a seat on the plane to Russia. Perhaps Inter Milan could be that place.
Conversations
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly, Liverpool F.C.
Offline Quote Post Goto Top

Ste_Macca
Member Avatar
SmegHead

Should keep him till the end of the season and reassess
"Is that a cigarette your smoking Lister?" - "No, Its a Chicken!!"

SmegHead

"sorry goose it time to buzz the tower"

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

NBC Sports: Sturridge To Inter Rumors Continue
Quote:

Inter Milan appear to be pushing hard to sign Daniel Sturridge on loan from Liverpool.

Phil McNulty from BBC Sport believes that Inter want a loan move until the end of the season for the 28-year-old striker.

England international Sturridge has seen his appearances dwindle at Liverpool this season with just nine games and two goals in the Premier League. Injuries have once again impacted Sturridge’s season and with Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane ripping it up in a fluid front three, there doesn’t appear to be a place for Sturridge in Jurgen Klopp‘s plans.

Sturridge has started just six games in all competitions, making 14 appearances and scoring three goals in total.

Sevilla are reportedly also interested in Sturridge, while several other Premier League clubs have also been suggested as a potential temporary home.

As he tries to earn a spot in Gareth Southgate‘s England squad, regular action will be key for Sturridge between now and May. He may not get that at Liverpool, even with the Reds pushing to finish in the top four of the PL, plus still in the FA Cup and the UEFA Champions League. He will likely get some minutes in the cup and some league games but unless he plays, and scores, regularly then his hopes of going to the 2018 World Cup will be far-fetched.
-Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42790515
Conversations
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly, Liverpool F.C.

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

Ste_Macca
Jan 11 2018, 01:04 AM
Should keep him till the end of the season and reassess
If the 2018 World Cup weren't this summer, I'd probably agree but Sturridge, IIRC, is on the radar of the England boss, Gareth Southgate, for a spot on the national team and if Sturridge needs anything, he needs lots of starting time and with the Fab Three (Firmino, Mane, Salah) at the head of the line, its' either (a) stay at Liverpool, sit on the bench and hope for starts or (b) take the loan opportunity, get lots of starts (and hopefully, plenty of goals) and stay on the England national team's radar.

Bottom line: if Sturridge wants the starting time needed to improve his chances of going to Russia this summer, he needs to take the loan to Inter.
Conversations

teebag
Member Avatar
Legend
150grand a week in wages not adding anything to the team or club. Let him go
Online Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Live 24/7: Liverpool FC news and views · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme by lostforwords at the ZBTZ
Free counters