Latest LFC News - TalkTheReds Liverpool FC Fans Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Talk The Reds. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Basically we're like most other Liverpool Forums, we have some general banter and some discussion about Liverpool FC, which is after all the reason we all came to this forum in the first place.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Liverpool vs. Spartak Moscow; 17-18 Champions League
Topic Started: Dec 5 2017, 05:51 PM (509 Views)
Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

Posted Image vs. Posted Image
Liverpool F.C. vs. F.C. Spartak Moscow
2017-2018 UEFA Champions League - 6 Dec. 2017, 19:45 GMT (2:45pm US EST) at Anfield
Conversations
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly, Liverpool F.C.
Offline Quote Post Goto Top

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

All-Time Head-To-Head
-Spartak Moscow: 2 wins
-Liverpool: 2 wins
-1 draw

-26 Sept. 2017 (SPM - Champions League Group Stage): Spartak Moscow 1, Liverpool 1
-22 Oct. 2002 (SPM - Champions League 1st Group Stage): Liverpool 3, Spartak Moscow 1
-2 Oct. 2002 (LIV - Champions League 1st Group Stage): Liverpool 5, Spartak Moscow 0
-4 Nov. 1992 (LIV - Cup Winners Cup Rd. of 16): Spartak Moscow 2, Liverpool 0
-22 Oct. 1992 (SPM - Cup Winners Cup Rd. of 16): Spartak Moscow 4, Liverpool 2
Conversations
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly, Liverpool F.C.

Ste_Macca
Member Avatar
SmegHead

A must win game, with the Derby coming up as well its a tasty week of action.
"Is that a cigarette your smoking Lister?" - "No, Its a Chicken!!"

SmegHead

"sorry goose it time to buzz the tower"

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

Ste_Macca
Dec 5 2017, 07:07 PM
We get to face the Blue Dumpers twice in a month, Macca.... ghy
Conversations

Ste_Macca
Member Avatar
SmegHead

Webster
Dec 6 2017, 03:54 AM
Ste_Macca
Dec 5 2017, 07:07 PM
We get to face the Blue Dumpers twice in a month, Macca.... ghy
Bring it on ghy

SmegHead

teebag
Member Avatar
Legend
Wondering on the line up tonight, very important we win but so is the Everton game at weekend. Klopps chopping and changing recently seems to paying off, we can field a strong side tonight and weekend
Online Quote Post Goto Top

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

(BBC Sport) Liverpool make five changes from the team which beat Brighton as Philippe Coutinho is named captain.

Sadio Mane returns to the starting line-up.

Full team news to follow.
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

(Sky Sports) LIVERPOOL TEAM NEWS
--Team to play Spartak Moscow: Karius, Gomez, Lovren, Klavan, Moreno, Can, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Salah, Mane, Firmino
Subs: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Milner, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Solanke, Sturridge
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

(Sky Sports) Jurgen Klopp makes five changes from the win at Brighton. We have the mouth-watering prospect of Philippe Countino, Saido Mane, Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino all starting together.

In come Loris Karius, Joe Gomez, Ragnar Klavan, Alberto Moreno and Mane. There’s no place for Jordan Henderson in the starting XI.
Conversations

Ste_Macca
Member Avatar
SmegHead

Solid line up.

SmegHead

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

(BBC Sport) Spartak Moscow's substitutes bench includes midfielder Mario Pasalic, who is on loan from Chelsea.

Spartak Moscow XI: Selikhov, Eshchenko, Tasci, Bocchetti, Dzhikija, Zobnin, Glushakov, Fernando, Promes, Luiz Adriano, Ze Luis.
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

Posted Image
Patrick Jennings, BBC Sport at Anfield: I was seriously tempted by this on my way to the ground.

It's a cold and blowy evening in Liverpool - perfect for a bowl of scouse, the stew so hearty it speaks for a whole city. This is the beef variant of a dish that has its origins in the Medieval trade routes of the Hanseatic League.

I've had the German version before; a heady mixture of herring, pork and beetroot - topped off with fried egg because, why not? It's incredible.

Posted Image
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

(BBC Sport) Jurgen Klopp has been explaining why he has made five changes to his Liverpool side. "I thought the best way not to lose is to win the game," said the German. "It’s a completely different game [to the one in Russia], they have a different side with three or four important players back in the squad.

“We have to work, be well organised and play football. It is our home game and we are a strong side, so we should show that – we should show what we are fighting for."

On dropping Jordan Henderson to the bench, Klopp added: "I have a lot of difficult decisions – good decisions to make in the moment – so this is the line-up for tonight and that’s all."
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

Posted Image
Patrick Jennings, BBC Sport at Anfield: Только Победа - Only Victory.

That's exactly what Irina, Valeriy and friend are hoping for tonight, and it's the only way Spartak Moscow will reach the knockout stage.

The three of them flew over from Moscow yesterday and took in the CKSA Moscow game at Old Trafford too. Not a bad little trip.

There is a fourth member of their party, but he's a CSKA fan and was worried about his reputation.
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

(Sky Sports) OPTA STATS
--Liverpool are unbeaten against Spartak Moscow in the Champions League (W2 D1) with their last encounter at Anfield ending in a 5-0 win for the Reds.
--Liverpool are unbeaten in their last seven Champions League games although five of those have ended in a draw.
--Spartak Moscow have won only six of their last 40 Champions League games (D8 L26). They have also failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 15 outings in the competition.
--Only Paris Saint-Germain (24) have scored more goals than Liverpool (16) in the Champions League this season. The Reds have also made more touches inside the opposition box than any other team (211).
Conversations

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Live 24/7: Liverpool FC news and views · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme by lostforwords at the ZBTZ
Free counters