Latest LFC News - TalkTheReds Liverpool FC Fans Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Talk The Reds. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Basically we're like most other Liverpool Forums, we have some general banter and some discussion about Liverpool FC, which is after all the reason we all came to this forum in the first place.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Liverpool vs. Sevilla; 17-18 Champions League
Topic Started: Sep 13 2017, 02:55 AM (624 Views)
Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

Posted Image vs. Posted Image
Liverpool F.C. vs. Sevilla F.C.
2017-2018 UEFA Champions League - 13 Sept. 2017 at 19:45 GMT (2:45pm US EDT) at Anfield
Conversations
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly, Liverpool F.C.
Offline Quote Post Goto Top

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

Liverpool & Sevilla have met once before, in the 2015-2016 UEFA Europa League Final.....
-18 May 2016, St. Jakob Park - Basel, Switzerland
-Result: (Sevilla 3, Liverpool 1) Sevilla became the fifth team to win three major UEFA competitions in consecutive seasons, and the first since Liverpool won the UEFA Cup in 1976 then the European Cup in 1977 and 1978. They became the first club to win the same UEFA competitions for three seasons in a row since Bayern Munchen won the European Cup in 1974, 1975 and 1976).
Conversations
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly, Liverpool F.C.

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

....couple tweets from the Liverpool Echo's resident Wonder Bay (a/k/a James Pearce)......
(1) Klopp asked by a Spanish reporter whether he prefers YNWA or the Sevilla anthem: "100% ours. I don't understand a word of your one."
(2) Klopp was hopeful that Salah will be okay to play tomorrow night. Only a sore throat. Also confirmed Coutinho definitely in #LFC squad
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

--Klopp confirms Loris Karius to start v Sevilla (Paul Joyce, The Times of London - 12 Sept. 2017)
Conversations

Ste_Macca
Member Avatar
SmegHead

Bit worried about our keeper situation, Karius starts tonight Klopp said, so why chop and change with an already shitty defence? We need to break the bank and find a top class keeper.

I reckon this will be our line up later............
Karius

Matip Lovern

Gomez Roberston

Can Hendo Couthino

Salah Mane

Firmino
"Is that a cigarette your smoking Lister?" - "No, Its a Chicken!!"

SmegHead

"sorry goose it time to buzz the tower"

teebag
Member Avatar
First Teamer
I'd go with
---------------Karius--------------
Gomez--Matip--Lovren--Robertson
------------Henderson-------------
--------Can---------Coutinho------
Salah-------Firmino---------Mane
Online Quote Post Goto Top

Ste_Macca
Member Avatar
SmegHead

Form guide
Liverpool: DWWWWL
Sevilla: WWDDWW

SmegHead

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

(BBC Sport) 13:32 Breaking team news
Philippe Coutinho is on the Liverpool bench.
Ederson starts in goal for Manchester City.
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

Posted Image
Back in the big time
Liverpool v Sevilla (19:45 BST)
--Five-time winners Liverpool have had just six Champions League games since December 2009. Tonight Jurgen Klopp leads them back into business at a packed Anfield.

Is it time for their 'star' player to return?

Will Klopp harness the old stadium's famous atmosphere and see off Sevilla?

Or will it be a rude awakening - the Reds taught a lesson of what they've missed?
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

Posted Image
Team news
--Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp makes three changes following the drubbing at Manchester City on Saturday and they are all at the back.

Loris Karius replaces Simon Mignolet in goal, Joe Gomez is at right-back in place of Trent Alexander-Arnold and Dejan Lovren is in for Ragnar Klavan. Wantaway midfielder Philippe Coutinho is on the bench.

-Liverpool XI: Karius, Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Wijnaldum, Can, Henderson, Salah, Mane, Firmino.

Former Blackburn midfielder Steven N'Zonzi starts in midfield for Sevilla, as does ex-Manchester City winger Jesus Navas.

-Sevilla XI: Rico, Mercado, Pareja, Kjaer, Escudero, N'Zonzi, Banega, Pizarro, Navas, Correa, Ben Yedder.
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

Posted Image
Ian Brown, BBC football commentator: The press in Spain are salivating over the prospect of Sevilla's first ever visit to Anfield.

The local paper talks of "where the Gods play" - a reference to the Champions League competition but also to the fabled status of Liverpool's home stadium.

Sevilla beat Liverpool with something to spare in the 2016 Europa League final - but much of their landscape has changed since then - a real churn of players and a third different manager.

They will again be highly competitive and have made an unbeaten start in La Liga. Jesus Navas and Steven N'Zonzi will be familiar foes but Nolito is out with injury..

The teams that finished fourth in Spain and England last season should ultimately both proceed to the knock out stages from Group E.
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

Posted Image
Ian Brown, BBC Radio 5 live at Anfield: Uefa have put the livery in Liverpool. The famous branding is back at Anfield as the Mersey men prepare to play in the group stages for only the second time in eight years.

It used to be an automatic assumption that Liverpool would be part of football's greatest club competition. And now that they are back there's real desire to make an impact.

The American owners FSG will have factored in the requirement for a Champions League run when they turned down all that money for Philippe Coutinho. Now it's up to Klopp to iron out the inconsistencies and deliver. With away games next against Spartak Moscow and Maribor a positive start is important if not imperative.
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

(BBC Sport) Good to be back
--This is Liverpool’s 10th Champions League campaign, and only their second appearance in the group stages in the last eight seasons. In fact, Liverpool haven’t reached the knockout stages of the Champions League since 2008/09, when they were knocked out by Chelsea in the quarter-finals.
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

(The Guardian) Jurgen Klopp speaks! “This is the most special competition in Europe for club football. You want to be part of it, and when you are part of it, you want to perform. We are ready. If I would have spoken only about the City game for the last few days, that would have not been right, because we have also had some good games. But if you have a knock, you have to respond, get up, and do your best. And that is what we will try to do tonight. We are well rested. A few people will say we rested in the last game. *[Mugs to camera, titters.]* Coutinho is ready, that’s why he’s on the bench.”
Conversations

Ste_Macca
Member Avatar
SmegHead

watching on TV so will be back half time [/big

ghy

SmegHead

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Live 24/7: Liverpool FC news and views · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme by lostforwords at the ZBTZ
Free counters