Latest LFC News - TalkTheReds Liverpool FC Fans Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Talk The Reds. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Basically we're like most other Liverpool Forums, we have some general banter and some discussion about Liverpool FC, which is after all the reason we all came to this forum in the first place.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Christian Pulisic
Topic Started: Sep 29 2016, 02:54 AM (374 Views)
Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

LFC Media Watch: Liverpool On High Alert For Dortmund Wunderkid
Quote:

Liverpool are reportedly closely monitoring Borussia Dortmund starlet Christian Pulisic after he opted to put new contract talks on hold with the Bundesliga giants.

The 18-year-old has quickly gained plenty of attention due to his performances for both club and country, and has been tipped to be a star in the future.

In turn, it’s no surprise that Dortmund wish to tie him down to a long-term contract, although according to Sports Illustrated, it could prove to be trickier than they would have hoped.

The report claims that Pulisic it happy to take his time over negotiations, as ultimately his current deal runs until 2019 and he wishes to see how his role at the club develops in the coming months.

With such fierce competition for places in Thomas Tuchel’s side this season, the USA international could be forced to bide his time and wait for opportunities, but he showed by scoring in the 6-0 win over Darmstadt at the weekend that he is more than capable of making a positive impact.

Liverpool are said to be considering a swoop in either January or next summer having previously been paired with an interest, but they will undoubtedly face a real battle in signing Pulisic as Dortmund will do their very best to keep hold of the talented youngster.

Jurgen Klopp has proven his ability to work with younger stars and help them improve and develop into top players, and he will likely be hoping to have the chance to do the same with Pulisic if they can persuade him to leave Germany and ply his trade at Anfield next year. (Caught Offside)
Conversations
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly, Liverpool F.C.
Offline Quote Post Goto Top

teebag
Member Avatar
First Teamer
KLOP has shown already be wants to give everyone a chance in this team.
Online Quote Post Goto Top

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

.....saw this on Reddit, so take it with the proverbial grain of salt...
Quote:

The 18-year-old has figured in 14 games for Dortmund this season and has developed into a key performer, however the return from injury of club favourite Marco Reus could push him onto the sidelines and give Liverpool a timely advantage.

Dortmund do not wish to sell but a substantial offer could yet prove tempting and Pulisic has previously expressed a desire to play in England, where he lived for a year when he was seven. He said: 'A lot of people don’t realise but it really brought on my passion for the game. After school every day, I was just out for hours in the park, playing with my schoolmates.

‘That’s really where my love for the game started to come alive and that was a big part of my development.

‘There were so many players that just showed so much skill and confidence in their games. I just loved the English style.'

Liverpool have serious injury problems up front, with striker Danny Ings also unavailable.

The USA international is under contract until 2019 and Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc has discussed offering new terms. Liverpool had a bid for Pulisic rejected in the summer, as did Bundesliga pacesetters Red Bull Leipzig.

'There have been some offers for him in the summer window from England and from German clubs,' Zorc told Sports Illustrated.

USA international Pulisic is under contract until 2019 and Dortmund won't sell for under £25m. 'But we would like to have him here and develop him here. We didn’t educate him to sell him. We have a long-running contract until 2019, but because of his development the club is ready to speak to him to prolong his contract at any time.'

However, despite his continuing development and rival interest, reports in Germany say Dortmund have yet to agree any new deal.

Brazilian Coutinho, 24, has scored five Premier League goals and has six assists for Liverpool this season, but suffered an ankle injury in their 2-0 win over Sunderland on Saturday.
Conversations
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly, Liverpool F.C.

Ste_Macca
Member Avatar
SmegHead

Lets fucking get him
"Is that a cigarette your smoking Lister?" - "No, Its a Chicken!!"

SmegHead

"sorry goose it time to buzz the tower"

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

LFC Media Watch: Dortmund Prefer To Sell Pulisic To Liverpool
Quote:

Liverpool hold a major advantage over Arsenal in the race to sign Christian Pulisic in that Borussia Dortmund would prefer to sell him to Jurgen Klopp.

Fenway Sports Group are keen to sign Pulisic as they want to have an American star at Anfield looking ahead to the future.

Pulisic has only made 27 appearances for Borussia Dortmund for the Bundesliga giants but the 18-year-old has been consistently linked with a move to Merseyside since making his debut earlier this year.

Jurgen Klopp had high hopes for the young winger at the Westfalenstadion and is understood to be desperate to be reunited with him once again.

Sport Bild suggest FSG are fond of seeing a United States international at Anfield for the long-term and see Pulisic as the perfect player to come in.

The teenager has been prolific for the United States’ age groups, most notably scoring 20 goals in 34 appearances for their Under-17 side.

It’s believed Arsenal and Tottenham are also keeping close tabs on the highly-rated attacking midfielder.

However, Liverpool are confident Klopp’s close relationship with Pulisic could help get a deal over the line. (Metro)
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

LFC Media Watch: Dortmund Star Won't Rule Out Premier League Move
Quote:

Rising Borussia Dortmund star Christian Pulisic says he cannot rule out a transfer away from the club, amid persistent talk of interest from Liverpool.

The 18-year-old has enjoyed a breakthrough campaign under Thomas Tuchel and his form has seen him linked with a number of sides in Europe, prompting Dortmund chiefs to plan contract talks with the United States international.

Liverpool have been most strongly touted as a potential suitor as Jurgen Klopp looks to bolster his attacking options, and although he insists he is happy at Dortmund, Pulisic would not discount a future in the Premier League.

"I think with soccer, you never really know what's going to happen in your career - that's the beauty of it," he said during a Facebook chat with fans when asked about a move to England.

"But right now, I'm with Dortmund and very happy. I'm earning my spot and working hard for that team."

Pulisic has two goals and six assists in 18 appearances in all competitions this season.

Dortmund's sporting director Michael Zorc warned Liverpool in quotes reported by Bild earlier this month that Pulisic is not for sale, saying: "We have said clearly that we are not going to sell Christian. (Goal.com)
Conversations

Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

*dusts off thread* LFC Media Watch: Reds' Face Fight To Sign US National
Quote:

Liverpool face a fight to sign highly-rated midfielder Christian Pulisic.

The 19-year-old Borussia Dortmund star is wanted by a host of European clubs and is expected to move on this summer.

Liverpool are hopeful of securing a deal but will face competition from Bayern Munich and Manchester United, according to Mundo Deportivo. The American is contracted until 2020 and the German giants are desperate to keep the player at the club.

Having lost Ousmane Dembele last summer, and with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang joining Arsenal, they are aware that he is now their biggest asset. (Daily Mirror)
Conversations

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Transfer Activity · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme by lostforwords at the ZBTZ
Free counters