Latest LFC News - TalkTheReds Liverpool FC Fans Forum
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Talk The Reds. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Basically we're like most other Liverpool Forums, we have some general banter and some discussion about Liverpool FC, which is after all the reason we all came to this forum in the first place.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thomas Lemar
Topic Started: May 3 2016, 08:22 AM (375 Views)
Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

LFC Media Watch: Fee Set For Monaco Starlet
Quote:
 
Liverpool have entered talks with Monaco about midfielder Thomas Lemar.

The Reds were reportedly interested in singing the 20-year-old from Caen last summer, but he instead opted to remain in Ligue 1 with Monaco.

According to French newspaper L'Equipe, Liverpool haven't given up hope in signing the midfielder and have already contacted his representatives to negotiate a potential move.

Lemar, who has five goals and as many assists to his name this season, has also attracted interest from Manchester City, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich.

L'Equipe claim Monaco are only willing to sell Lemar for a fee similar to the £58.8million Manchester United paid for Anthony Martial last year. (Daily Express)
Conversations
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly, Liverpool F.C.
Offline Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ste_Macca
Member Avatar
SmegHead

Still in for him, i even seen a few fans post a screenshot of a private jet heading to Monaco from Liverpool airport from one of those apps that track flights laugh1

€100m is what reports are saying
"Is that a cigarette your smoking Lister?" - "No, Its a Chicken!!"

SmegHead

"sorry goose it time to buzz the tower"
Offline Quote Post Goto Top
 
Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

LFC Media Watch: Lemar Remains Focused On Monaco Future
Quote:
 
Thomas Lemar has insisted that he remains fully focused on his duties with AS Monaco after being the subject of interest from both Arsenal and Liverpool on transfer deadline day.

Arsenal saw a £92m offer accepted for the 21-year-old winger on Thursday afternoon as they sought a replacement for the Manchester City-bound Alexis Sanchez. Lemar, however, turned down the opportunity to move to the Emirates, with Anfield said to have been his preferred destination.

Arsenal subsequently blocked Sanchez’s move to the Etihad, thereby risking that they would lose him on a free transfer when his contract expires next summer. Any deal for Lemar was complicated by the fact that he was in line to start in France’s World Cup qualifier against the Netherlands in Paris on Thursday night.

After scoring twice in a 4-0 victory for France, Lemar claimed that he was committed to Monaco despite the earlier uncertainty over his future.

"I'm a Monaco player, I'm very happy there. Now, I'm going to have a good season with my club, try to improve and move forward in my career. I am going back to Monaco,” Lemar told Canal+ Sport. "I prepared for this game as I usually would. I don't get carried away, even if there is the transfer window. I was focused on my match, that's all that counted for me." (The Independent)
Conversations
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly, Liverpool F.C.
Offline Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ste_Macca
Member Avatar
SmegHead

I see Monaco are not willing to let him go yet, but every club says that. Hope we are making a deal right now for him now that Philippe has gone
"Is that a cigarette your smoking Lister?" - "No, Its a Chicken!!"

SmegHead

"sorry goose it time to buzz the tower"
Offline Quote Post Goto Top
 
Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

LFC Media Watch: Leman Tops Liverpool Target List
Quote:
 
Liverpool are prepared to move quickly to fill the breach left by Philippe Coutinho's imminent departure – with Thomas Lemar still top of their wanted list.

Coutinho is on the brink of an exit after the Reds agreed a £142million deal to sell the player to Barcelona. The transfer is expected to be completed within the next 24 hours with the Brazilian having flown out to Spain on Saturday evening to complete the formalities of the deal.

Jurgen Klopp is keen to ensure Liverpool's season is not threatened by Coutinho's departure with the Reds on a 17-game unbeaten run – their longest such sequence in more than 20 years – that sees them challenging in the Premier League top four, through to the last 16 of the Champions League and into the FA Cup fourth round.

Liverpool were keen on signing Monaco's French international Lemar on deadline day last summer but couldn't agree a deal with the Ligue 1 side. Klopp, though, remains an admirer of the 22-year-old attacker, who has also previously attracted interest from Arsenal.

Monaco coach Leonardo Jardim this week revealed they had no intention of parting with Lemar this month. And Liverpool acknowledge that even a mammoth bid may not be enough to change Monaco's stance.

The Reds are therefore keeping their options open, although suggestions they are chasing a deal for Leicester City's Riyad Mahrez are premature.

Previous interest has also been shown in Bayer Leverkusen's Julian Brandt, Paris Saint-Germain winger Julian Draxler and Schalke's Leon Goretzka. (Liverpool Echo)
Conversations
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly, Liverpool F.C.
Offline Quote Post Goto Top
 
Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

LFC Media Watch: Reds Reach Agreement With Thomas Lemar
Quote:
 
Liverpool already have an agreement in place with Monaco midfielder Thomas Lemar, according to reports. The 22-year-old was wanted by Arsenal and Liverpool last summer but the Ligue 1 champions refused all offers.

Both Premier League clubs have reignited their interest this month but Monaco have maintained that a bid in excess of €100 million (£88m) is needed to sign the midfielder.

According to Yahoo Sport, Liverpool have reached an agreement with Lemar but the club are refusing to meet Monaco’s valuation. Lemar’s price tag could also rise if he impresses for France at the World Cup this summer.

Barcelona have been linked with a move for Lemar, although they secured a £142m deal for Philippe Coutinho this month and are reportedly making a striker their priority signing for the summer window.

Lemar’s campaign has been disrupted by a shoulder injury and he has registered only three goals and five assists in 23 appearances for Monaco this term.

Speaking earlier this month, Monaco boss Leonardo Jardim insisted that Lemar would be staying with the Ligue 1 champions until the end of the season. ‘Monaco are not in the habit of making big sales in the winter. It’s our strategy,’ he said. ‘The players understand and they know how it goes here.’ (Metro)
Conversations
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly, Liverpool F.C.
Offline Quote Post Goto Top
 
Webster
Member Avatar
MatchDay Commentator

LFC Media Watch: Liverpool Cool Interest In Lemar
Quote:
 
Liverpool have cooled their interest in Monaco attacking midfielder Thomas Lemar.

The ECHO understands that the France international is not on the list of targets under consideration ahead of this summer's transfer window.

Lemar has been heavily touted as a potential replacement for Philippe Coutinho, who was sold to Barcelona for £142million in January.

Reports in France this week suggested that Liverpool's hopes of signing him had been bolstered by his refusal to pen a new contract. However, the Reds are no longer pursuing the 22-year-old and are focusing their attention elsewhere.

Sporting director Michael Edwards held talks with Monaco last August but the Reds were unable to agree a deal with the Ligue One outfit. After late interest from Arsenal, the asking price rocketed and he ended up staying put.

Liverpool kept close tabs on Lemar throughout the first half of this season but after Jurgen Klopp sanctioned the sale of Coutinho, the manager opted against making another attempt to sign him. One reason was the £90million price tag which the Reds boss felt was excessive. Klopp believes that cash would be better spent elsewhere this summer.

Lemar caught Liverpool's eye after bagging 14 goals and providing 17 assists as Monaco won the French title and reached the semi-finals of the Champions League last season. However, his contribution this term has been considerably less impressive with three goals and five assists.

The club's recruitment team, which includes Dave Fallows and Barry Hunter as well as Klopp and Edwards, are convinced that there are other players in that position who will be available this summer and are more suited to what Liverpool require. (Liverpool Echo)
Conversations
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.' - Bill Shankly, Liverpool F.C.
Offline Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Transfer Activity · Next Topic »
Add Reply





Theme by lostforwords at the ZBTZ
Free counters